Thursday, November 12, 2020

Floppies

I don't remember ever seeing mushrooms like these before.

Small brown mushrooms on a stump, drooping.

They look like the lichen agarics, by the shape (depressed centre, pie-crust edges) and location (on decayed wood, although I don't see the lichen that should be there), but why are they so droopy? I've looked at hundreds of photos; they always seem to maintain their shape, even tipped over or broken. But not these!

A closer look.

Unhappy with two days of no rain? Too much sun? The stump is in deep shade on the Elk Falls trail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nunca he visto antes hongos tan tristes, tan decaídos. Parece que son otros de los hongos de liquen, los lichenomphalia umbellifera, por su forma, con el "ombligo" en el centro y las orillas onduladas, y por su sitio, creciendo en madera podrida, con musgos, aunque no veo los líquenes que los deben acompañar. Pero he mirado cientos de fotografías, y no veo ninguno que se dobla de esta forma; todos, aún rotos y tumbados, mantienen su rigidez.

¿Qué les habrá pasado? ¿Falta de lluvia? Ya que hacía dos dias que no había llovido. ¿O demasiada luz? Pero estaban en sombra densa en el sendero hacia las cataratas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger