Friday, November 13, 2020

Big sky

 Sometimes it seems that the mainland mountains have backed away, far away.

Even Quadra Island is shunning us.

The long view, from the edge of the forest, over the log-strewn sand.

This is the view looking almost directly north from Oyster Bay. Quadra Island is about 11 km. from here; the mainland mountains some 100 km. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A veces parece que las montañas del continente se han alejado de repente. Aún nuestro vecino, la isla de Quadra, parece lejos. Queda como a 11 km. de este punto en la costa en Oyster Bay;  las montañas del continente están más o menos a 100 km. Estamos viendo casi directamente hacia el norte.

A Skywatch post

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blue skies. Funny how distances can be deceiving!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger