Friday, September 04, 2020

Amanita

On a walk in the shadowy north woods, at Dalrymple Creek, in the shadow of H'Kusam Mountain, the first thing that met me on the trail was this cheerful mushroom.

One of the Amanitas.

A cheerful colour, but deadly poisonous, whichever species of Amanita it is.

And then there were hundreds of shelf fungi. Photos starting tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hacia el norte, seguí un caminito entre el bosque, un sendero en la sombra del monte H'Kusan, un lugar que he visto al pasar, y hasta ahora me detuve a ver a donde iba.

A la entrada al bosque me esperaba este hongo alegre. Amarillo y blanco; parece inocente. Es un Amanita, y muy tóxico.

Más adentro del bosque encontré cientos de hongos de madera.  Mañana empiezo a subir fotos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger