Monday, April 06, 2020

Little blue eyes

Crabs are busy little creatures; always in motion, digging, rearranging the landscaping, flipping oysters twice their size, climbing, teasing the anemones, sifting sand. Or just running in circles, getting their daily workout. In between times, they come to the glass wall and watch me.

Young green shore crab, Hemigrapsus oregonensis, watching me.

And climbing the seaweed, but still keeping an eye on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Los cangrejos son muy activos, muy trabajadores. Siempre están haciendo algo; excavando hoyos, moviendo piedras y conchas, volteando ostiones el doble de su tamaño, molestando a las anémonas, revolviendo la arena. O dando vueltas y vueltas, como para mantenerse en condición. Y muchas veces, se acercan a la pared de vidrio para mirarme, para ver lo que estoy haciendo.

Este es una cangreja verde costeña jovencita.

3 comments:

  1. Did you bring him home for your tank? Must be fun to watch with all that action. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A long time ago, I brought a few home for my tank, but most of the ones here now were born in the tank. Or came in on seaweed, too tiny to see.

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger