Tuesday, February 04, 2020

February blooms

I got home in time for supper, but still well after sundown. And there beside the carport, were the snowdrops, already blooming. It was after dark, so I would have to use flash, but I just had to record the moment.

Snowdrops. No snow. The tangle of other leaves is the remains of the Alyssum that was still blooming until the snow covered it.

My poor turtle, who started life as a flowerpot, and now has no bottom, provides shelter for the first hyacinth sprouts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cuando llegué a casa, ya era de noche, aunque apenas era la hora de la cena. Y allí al lado del garage, ya estaban floreando mis pequeñas Campanillas de invierno (Galanthus nivalis). Tenía que usar flash, pero por cierto había que celebrar el momento con unas fotos.

Mi pobre tortugita, que algún día era maceta pero que ya no tiene fondo, sigue haciéndose útil en el jardín. Aquí protege los primeros brotes del jacinto.


1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger