Tuesday, February 12, 2019

On the wet forest floor

A few leftover photos from Canyonview Trail.

Layered fallen leaves on an upside-down fern frond. Fern, Bigleaf Maple, Red alder, Bigleaf Maple (3) and Red alder on top. As found. On a foundation of decomposed leaves and ferns plastered on a stump.

Licorice fern on a downed branch. I lifted the branch and found that it has entirely decomposed; all that is left is the moss and the fern rhizomes, still holding the shape of the branch. 

Oregon beaked moss on a stump.

It's snowing again. Third day in a row. Winter is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger