Wednesday, October 04, 2017

A bit of moss

It's October. The rains are starting, the nights are chilly, sunlight hours are shrinking. It's moss heaven.

Assorted mosses, leftover dew drops. Near Upper Campbell Lake.

Cladonia lichens in a bed of moss.

Almost like flowers. Two species of moss.

And blending in with the moss, a strange lichen, tangly and thin, with red or black spore-producing tips. This one is hard to see, even in RL, even lying on the moss with my nose in the patch. A fir needle defines the size.

More coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger