Monday, January 20, 2014

Doing it the hard way

I was just about to post a series of photos of yesterday's jellyfish, when I double-checked the species description, and realized that my jellies were something entirely different. Oops!

Swimming baby jelly

So I've looked at dozens of sites and hundreds of photos until I found one to match, plus a whole bunch of info; this is one interesting critter!

And now it's too late; I'll have to post the series tomorrow, and the video on Wednesday.

I've corrected yesterday's post; the right jellyfish is Cladonema pacificum.


1 comment:

  1. It's easily done, especially with something as weird as a jelly.

    A jellyfish by any other name would look as spectacular, as the Bard would have said if he'd thought about it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger