Saturday, March 24, 2012

What animal made these tracks?

Do you know? If not, make a guess; let your imagination soar!

I'd never seen anything like these before. We found them halfway down the beach on Boundary Bay, at low tide. There were maybe a dozen separate trails, following the valleys between ripples in the sand.

Either the end or the start of one trail. Central groove, paired footprints or claw prints on either side.

In looser sand, the footprints were less defined, the central groove deeper.

The groove is almost non-existent here.


Here's a hint. The shell at the end of this trail is about 1/2 an inch long. It appears to be empty.

What do you think?

(I do know, because I found one track-maker. I'll post the answer tomorrow.)


1 comment:

  1. Maybe a hermit crab, (or two or three)

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger