Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Living dangerously

One thing I like about Strathcona; it's buggy. There still are no flying critters at home in Delta, and very few spiders, even out in the garden. While there's nothing for them to eat, they're sleeping.

Ah, but Strathcona! I was coming up to bed in my daughter's house here, when I noticed a tiny bug on the staircase wall, well above my head. I risked my life, trying to get close enough for a photo; every time I felt secure enough to focus, the narsty critter moved away.

The best I could do. I'll track it down tomorrow, in daylight.

There were a couple of pretty moths, though. I managed to catch one.

I love the frilly pleated "petticoat". The smudge on the left wing is my fault; I had to hold the moth for a while as I searched the kitchen for a suitable lidded container.

I haven't attempted to identify these. I should have been in bed hours ago. Goodnight, all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger