Monday, May 21, 2007

More photos from the Buddhist Temple

This modern world is spoiling us. We go on an outing, I come home and dock the camera, transfer the photos. By the time I've got my jacket and shoes put away, the photos are ready to be viewed, selected and blogged. So the photos from Laurie's film camera, not developed until he has finished the roll, not loaded to the computer until we have assessed the prints and taken them bodily back to London Drugs for loading to the web, almost come as an afterthought.

An afterthought well worth waiting for, though. There is a texture to film-based photos that I don't see in digital, a less clinical, gentler view of the world.

These are some of his photos from our visit to the Buddhist Temple a week or so ago.

Starting with the Guan Yin in the shade of flowering vines. (Compare with the March photos; there was more light back then, simpler shadows.)

The "laughing Buddha", in his glassed-in kiosk beside the pool. A side view, bringing to mind those Chinese sedan chairs. All he's missing are the poles and the carriers.

A bridge over the pond, with a turtle sunning himself on the ledge.

A happy reinlion. Or something. The mate to the one with a spider in his ear.
Dramatic colouring. Natural: Japanese maple,

And flowers floating in a stone tank.

And man-made: the roof of a tiled mural.

And, to untangle your eyes after that, a temple guardian in his kiosk, shady, serene and maybe oh-so-slightly amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger