Wednesday, July 29, 2026

So green

I've been off-line for a week, dealing with a few medical issues. Not getting any younger, and I'll probably be posting less frequently for a little while.

Now, where was I? Oh, yes; walking in the cool forest, looking at green stuff.

A sunny stretch.

Vanilla leaf, gone to seed. Achlys triphylla.

A rotten stump. Just below, the plants have their roots in water. Evergreen and bracken ferns, and the big leaves of skunk cabbage.

These tiny white flowers are everywhere down here. Foamflowers, Tiarella trifoliata.

Flowers like tiny stars, and large, green seed pods.

And this week, it has been cool and raining again. More rain coming, too. Vancouver Island weather is unpredictable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Otra vez he dejado de escribir, esta vez porque he estado enferma. Cosas de la edad; el tiempo no perdona. Ya veremos ...

Bueno, volviendo a lo importante; unas fotos de plantas de las sombras de nuestros bosques pluviales.

  1. El sol se cuela entre las ramas, iluminando un tramo del sendero.
  2. Hoja de vainilla, Achlys triphylla. Ya lleva las semillas.
  3. Un tronco bien podrido, en el fondo del bosque. Las plantas, helechos perennes y helechos águila, y las hojas gigantes de linternas de pantano, todas tienen sus raices en el agua.
  4. Estas florecitas, como estrellitas, brillan en las sombras. Flores espuma, Tiarella trifoliata.
  5. Las cápsulas verdes contienen las semillas.
Hace ocho dias hacía calor, pero toda esta semana ha estado lloviendo, y dicen que seguirá. El clima en esta isla es totalmente imprevisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger