Thursday, September 05, 2024

Sometimes you get the bird

I'm happy. I took 4 very bad photos of a duck, and I'm pleased. Every time I visit the beaver pond, a few ducks take off as soon as I arrive, and go to hide in the grasses on the far side, too far away to see them, even. And this time, I had the camera on and pointing in the right direction, (because I'd been chasing dragonflies) and I caught one in flight. And it's a wood duck!

Halfway there.

Those brown things are water lily leaves. Many of them are standing above the water line, and most are dead. It's been a hard summer for them, even though the beavers have reinforced their dam at the outlet of the pond.

The wood duck. His mate followed him, but I wasn't fast enough to get her.

About those dragonflies: tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Estoy feliz. Saqué cuatro fotos muy malas de un pato, y lo estoy celebrando. Porque cada vez que visito la laguna de los castores, salen volando unos patos, y siempre llegan al otro lado de la laguna y se esconden entre los equisetos, antes de que les puedo sacar fotos. Pero esta vez, tenía la cámara lista, y apuntaba en la dirección de donde se levantó el pato (porque había estado buscando libélulas) y alcancé a sacar fotos mientras volaba. Y era un pato arcoíris macho, ¡tan bello!
  1. Ya va por la mitad de la laguna. Las cosas cafés en el agua son lirios acuáticos. Muchos se levantan por encima de la superficie, y casi todos están muertos. Ha sido un verano difícil, aunque los castores han seguido manteniendo su presa a la salida de la laguna.
  2. El pato. La hembra le siguió, pero no tuve tiempo de capturarla.
Acerca de esas libélulas: mañana habrá fotos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger