Friday, September 20, 2024

Mushroom identification made simple.

Reading the introduction to my mushroom guide book, Common Mushrooms of the Northwest, something I should have done long ago, instead of going straight to the photos, I came across this:

"... most species are not readily identifiable. ... Many ... are affectionately lumped into the classifications BUMs (boring ubiquitous mushrooms), LBMs (little brown mushrooms) or SLMs (standard lawn mushrooms)"

I don't quite agree with the BUM classification; no mushroom is really boring. But I see plenty of LBMs; here are a few I found recently.

Google image search gives me a whole list of possibles. LBM fits.

Those are NOT chocolate sprinkles. DO NOT EAT. Amanita sp.

So new, no slug has found it yet.

Maybe a mycena?

Amanita with orange fly.

Puffballs, almost ripe.

And I thought I was done with mushrooms for now, and then my lawn sprouted a cluster of big SLMs. More photos to process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Se me ocurrió leer la introducción a mi libro guia sobre hongos, algo que debería haber hecho hace mucho, en vez de ir directamente a ver las fotos. Y encontré esto:

"La mayoría de las especies no son fáciles de identificar. ... Muchos ... se pueden agrupar en tres tipos: BUMs (hongos aburridos que se hallan en todas partes), LBMs (hongos pequeños de color café), o SLMs (hongos típicos de céspedes urbanos). " (Aquí me quedé con los acrónimos en inglés, para evitar confusión.)

No estoy de acuerdo con la clasificación BUM (hongos aburridos); todos los hongos son interesantes. Pero veo muchos LBMs (hongos pequeños color marrón); aquí hay unos recién vistos.
  1. Busqué estos en imágenes de Google; me dió gran variedad de posibilidades. BLM sirve mejor.
  2. ¡Esas no son chispitas de chocolate! ¡NO INGERIR! Amanita sp.
  3. Honguito tan nuevecito que no lo han visto todavía las babosas.
  4. Creo que este puede ser un Mycena sp.
  5. Amanita sp. con una mosca anaranjada.
  6. Hongos polvera, casi listos para esparcir sus esporas.
Y creí haber acabado, por ahora, con los hongos, pero un grupo de SLMs (hongos típicos de los céspedes) han brotado atrás de mi casa. Y ahora tengo más fotos para procesar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger