Friday, December 29, 2023

Things that make me happy, 2023

 I've been looking through my "Happy" and "For Later" folders, picking out photos that made me happy in 2023. These are some of them, in no particular order.

Sapling in well-aged log, Oyster Bay, February.

Witches' butter. Or Orange Jelly, depending on the log. December, Tyee Spit.

Dried Sugar Wrack kelp, January, Oyster Bay.

Rocky tide flats, February

A gull, businesslike, going places. December, on Tyee Spit.

All the green on these two snags is lichen. Photo from July of 2022, but it's still making me happy.

Octopus in eelgrass look-alike.

The story behind this photo: my great-grandson, 9, learned that I used to like Lego, so he insisted that his mom had to send me a Lego kit for Christmas. This was the result. She's hanging out in a palm tree because I didn't have kelp on hand.

Coots are among my favourite birds. I don't see them often. December, Tyee Spit.

Part 1. There are more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
He estado organizando la carpeta llamada "Cosas que me hacen feliz" en la computadora, escogiendo fotos que me hicieron feliz en el año 2023. Estas son algunas, en orden al azahar.
  1. Un arbolito de hoja perenne, creciendo sobre un troncón viejo. En Oyster Bay, febrero.
  2. El hongo "Mantequilla de Brujas", Tremella mesenterica. O si no, Jalea Anaranjada, Dacrymyces chrysospermus: depende de a cual especie pertenece la madera. Tyee Spit, diciembre.
  3. Laminaria saccharina, un kelp "azucarado". Oyster Bay, en enero.
  4. Zona intramareal, con rocas. Febrero.
  5. Una gaviota, muy en serio, con negocios a que atender. Tyee Spit, diciembre.
  6. Todo lo verde en estos dos árboles es puro liquen. La foto es de julio de 2022 en el bosque a las orillas del rio Campbell.
  7. Un pulpo Lego, en algo que casi parece hierba marina Zostera sp. Pues, mi gran-nieto, de 9 años, al saber que a mi me gustaba antes construir cosas con Lego, insistió en que su mamá me enviara un juego moderno. Esto fue el resultado. El pulpo se ha subido a una palmera, ya que no encontró quelpo en mi casa.
  8. Las fochas americanas, también conocidas como gallaretas o chocas, son uno de mis pájaros favoritos. Los veo raramente. Tyee Spit, en diciembre.
Esto fue la primera lista. Hay más.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger