Thursday, March 23, 2023

Just another rock?

I posted a video of a great blue heron fishing to Facebook a couple of days ago. (I tried to load it here, and so far, Blogger refuses to touch it.) A friend commented that "Seeing it so close to the rocks reminds us how much they blend into the scenery."

So I looked through the photos I took, before I remembered to press the red button for a video, and found this:

The heron, blending in.

Posing against the water, he stands out. But he's still rock-coloured.

And these two were taken once I'd found a handy rock to sit on, where I could hunker down and pretend to be just another rock, letting the heron go about his fishing with no worries.

He was catching gunnels. The tiny things on the rocks are periwinkle snails.

Those eyes!

I loaded the video to YouTube, and then tried to bring it back here. Maybe Blogger can accept that. UPDATE; Yay! It worked. Click for a full-screen view.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hace dos dias subí un video a Facebook, de una garza pescando en la playa. (Lo quise subir aquí, pero el programa lo rechazó, no sé porque.) Una amiga comentó en Facebook, que al encontrarlas tan cerca de las rocas, vemos que bien se cosiguen desaparecer, formando parte del paisaje.

Busqué entre las fotos que saqué antes de recordar que podría presionar el botón rojo y sacar un video, y encontré estas.

Fotos:

  1. La garza azul, fingiendo ser una roca entre muchas.
  2. Cuando se separa de las rocas, es fácil verla. Pero sigue del color de una roca.
  3. Estas últimas dos las saqué cuando había encontrado una roca bajita y casi seca para sentarme y encogerme un poco, haciendo de cuenta que yo era otra roca, para permitir a la garza seguir con la pesca sin preocupaciones. Estaba comiendo peces mantequilla (gunnel). Los puntitos negros en las rocas son caracolitos marinos.
  4. ¡Esos ojos!
(Subí el video a YouTube, y de allí estoy tratando de añadirlo aquí. Tal vez funcione.) y ¡Sí! Haz clic para verlo en la pantalla entera.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger