Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Not quite forgotten

I'm tidying up the '22 files before they go into storage. And there are photos I meant to post and never got around to it.

Well, here it is!

The tree collection:

A baby grand fir, Abies grandis, a hand's breadth high. With trailing blackberry leaves. June.

Triple tips on a Douglas-fir branch. Same day.

Juniper sprawling over the roots of a cedar. February, Tyee Spit.

Small fungi populating a tree trunk, roots to as far up as I could see. October, museum woods.

And November. Cottonwoods still holding onto a few brown leaves. Tyee Spit.

Birds tomorrow, I think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Estoy revisando las fotos del año pasado antes de archivarlas. Y hay algunos que pensaba subir antes, y nunca me llegó el momento. Ahora sí.

Fotos:
  1. Un "round tuit"; un juego de palabras que suena como "cuando tengo tiempo" en inglés. Nada que ver con "Twitter", que tiene otra etymología, refiriéndose a la conversación de pájaros.
  2. Un pino Abies grandis nuevecito, apenas de la altura de mi mano. Con hojas de mora nativa. En junio.
  3. La punta triple de una rama de abeto de Douglas. Junio, también.
  4. Un enebro común se enreda sobre las raices de un cedro. Febrero.
  5. Honguitos cubren el tronco de un árbol desde la raiz hasta donde yo pude ver. Octubre.
  6. Y en noviembre, los álamos todavía retienen unas cuantas hojas, ya en color café.
Mañana, pájaros.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger