Sunday, December 11, 2022

Long ago and far away.

It rained again. Then it snowed, covering the trees in front of my window in the middle of the night. Then it rained again. A normal Vancouver Island winter.

I went browsing through old photos, with blue skies. Found these, from long ago and far away.

Coast mountains, from the top of the hill near Bella Coola.

Starting down, It's a long, long hill.

Ah, the memories! This was August of 2015. It's been too long. I'll have to take that trip again.

And now it's midnight, 4° Celsius, not raining nor snowing. And they're saying we'll have a week of partly sunny to mostly sunny days. In the morning I'll look for blue skies in real life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Llovía. Y luego nevaba, a medianoche, cubriendo los árboles enfrente de mi ventana. Y luego llovió otra vez. Un invierno isleño muy típico.

Yo me distraje mirando fotos viejas, buscando cielos azules. Y encontré estas. Hace años, muy lejos de aquí.

Fotos:
Las montañas de la costa del norte, cerca de Bella Coola.
Y el camino hacia el valle de Bella Coola. Es un largo descenso, y al final, muy empinado.

¡Los recuerdos! Esto fue en agosto de 2015. Hace demasiado tiempo; tendré que hacer el viaje otra vez.

Y ahora, aquí, a medianoche, estamos a 4° y ni llueve ni cae nieve. Y nos dicen que podemos esperar una semana de sol, por lo menos parte de cada dia. En la mañana iré a buscar cielos azules actuales.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger