Monday, November 28, 2022

Too often overlooked

A dying fern in the rain ...

Just because it's beautiful

And salmonberry stalks and leaves, ready to turn into mulch.

At Lake Hoomak

Strange thing; ever since childhood I've lived among salmonberries. And I never, until now, noticed how the twigs zig-zag with each new leaf stalk. Too busy looking for berries or flowers, harvesting spring shoots to eat raw, watching for the spines on the lower stems. And ignoring the "mess" once the berries were gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Plantas en via de volverse compostaje. 
  1. Una rama de helecho. Perdido su color verde, sigue hermoso.
  2. Tallos y hojas casi desechas de Rubus spectabilis, el "salmonberry".
Algo extraño: desde la niñez he vivido entre los salmonberry. Y nunca hasta ahora había notado como las ramitas terminales zigzaguean con cada nueva hoja que producen. Demasiado ocupada en buscar frutas o flores, en cosechar los brotes frescos en la primavera para la ensalada, en cuidarme de no tocar las espinas en los tallos inferiores. Y dejando de prestar atención cuando en el otoño todo se volvía un lío desordenado.

Más vale tarde ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger