Sunday, August 14, 2022

On the job

"Hello there, pretty spider," I said. "Thanks for guarding the hose for me."

And she turned her back on me.

Parasteatoda tepidariorum, the American house spider.

Fang, though, was more forthcoming:

Giant house spider, Eratigena duellica, patrolling the kitchen, keeping out the flies.

Shy or not, they do a good job. Thanks, girls!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hola, arañita linda," le dije. "¡Gracias por ayudarme a proteger la manguera!"

Y se dió vuelta y me presentó la espalda.

Foto: Parasteatoda tepidariorum, la araña casera americana.

Pero "Fang" (colmillos) era menos tímida.

Foto: Eratigena duellica, la araña gigante casera, cuidándome la cocina, manteniéndola libre de moscas.

Tímidas o extrovertidas, hacen buen trabajo. Se lo agradezco.

1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger