Sunday, May 08, 2022

All the colours of the rainbow

Bright colours, wild and tame, from flowers to critters: I'm tidying up the "to be posted later" folder, making space for May's findings.

New grass just leaping up from under the moss.

Bleeding heart in a pot at home.

Big-leaf maple flowers

I don't know what this is, or how it got into my garden. But I love the colours.

This year's new evergreen fern fronds, unrolling.

Coiled pre-fronds.

And now, the critters:

Green shore crab, with dried shrimp treat.

Close-up of the underside of a sea urchin; tube feet with cog-wheel tips, mouth, spines, and the red seaweed the urchin has decorated itself with.

Pale blues, and yellow legs. A greater yellow-legs, Tringa melanoleuca.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Una variedad de colores brillantes, domésticos y salvajes, desde plantas a bichos: estoy organizando mi folder del mes de abril, haciendo espacio para lo que encuentro en este mes de mayo.

Fotos:
  1. Un brote nuevecito de pasto, recién surgido de debajo del musgo.
  2. Corazón sangrante, en mi jardín.
  3. Las flores del arce de hoja grande.
  4. Esta flor apareció en mi jardín, no sé de donde, ni que es.
  5. Los helechos de hoja perenne se empiezan a desdoblar.
  6. Y debajo, unas hojas todavía están enrollados.
  7. Y ahora, los animales: aquí un cangrejo verde, Hemigrapsus oregonensis.
  8. Viendo muy de cerca un erizo de mar verde; se ven aquí sus espinas, sus pies ambulacrales, con sus extremos en forma de ruedita dentada, la boca, y el alga roja con que se adorna.
  9. Azul claro del agua, y patas amarillas: un chorlo mayor, Tringa melanoleuca.


1 comment:

  1. What lovely eye candy photos! I enjoy your sea-side critters so much, too. (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger