Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Little forest at dusk

 Evergreens without the green ...

I ran a couple of errands first, and by the time I got to the museum woods where I planned to collect lichens, it was almost sundown.(By the clock; there was no sun to be seen behind the clouds.) And it is always dark in those woods, even at midday in the summertime; now, in the rain and fog of late afternoon, the colour was leaching out of everything but the brightest of the lichen on the trunks.

I took a few photos, anyhow.

Looking straight up. There's still light in the sky. These are Douglas firs.

And looking straight down. (I lightened up the photo; it was almost black. Wish I could lighten up my eyes, too.) The Douglas fir roots run along just under the duff. On the paths, they break through the surface.

Another forest, a week ago. Snow adds light, but only the moss shows up green.

Oh, I did find those lichens. Photos tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cuando lo verde se oscurece:

Había hecho un par de mandados antes de ir a buscar líquenes en el bosque del museo, y para cuando llegué ya estaba por ponerse el sol, el cual de todas maneras no se veía, escondido tras una espesa capa de nubes. Y siempre está oscuro en ese bosquecito, hasta a mediodía en pleno verano; ahora, con la lluvia y la neblina, los colores se desaparecían, aparte del color verde claro de los líquenes en los troncos.

Saqué unas fotos de todas maneras.
  1. MIrando verticalmente. Todavía hay luz en el cielo. Estos árboles son abetos Douglas.
  2. Mirando hacia mis pies. (La cámara y mis ojos registraron los colores como negro y casi negro, pero con Photoshop, le pude añadir algo de luz. No hay tal remedio para mis ojos.) Las raices de los abetos crecen horizontalmente debajo del suelo y los musgos. En los senderitos suben a la superficie.
  3. Otro bosque, hace una semana. Con la nieve en el suelo, hay más luz, pero aun así, solamente el musgo en las ramas se ve algo verde.
Y sí, hallé los líquenes que buscaba. Mañana habrá fotos.


1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger