Sunday, January 02, 2022

Last of the clean snow

I was going to go out today and get some non-snow photos; plants or birds or lichen. But it rained and it snew and it blew and it blew some more and the roads are deep in slush. And I stayed inside in the dry.

So here are a couple more snow photos.

Oyster Bay, the path to the shore.

So many logs under blankets!

The weather people are promising a mix of rain and snow for this whole coming week. Oh, well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pensaba salir y sacar fotos de algo que no fuera nieve. Pájaros, tal vez. O plantas, líquenes ... Pero llovió y nevó y llovió y el viento sopló y sopló fuerte. Y las calles están llenas de nieve mezclada con hielo y agua. Y yo me quedé en casa.

Así que aquí hay dos fotos más de nieve, estos en Oyster Bay, el camino a la playa, y las dunas cubiertas de troncos bajo su cobija de nieve.

Los meteorológicos nos prometen una semana entera de nieve mezclada con lluvia. Ni modo, pues.


2 comments:

  1. After an unexpectedly difficultly December - as much logistical as anything - I'm finally catching up on some of my favourite blogs to wish their authors a happy new year and say thanks for reading and commenting on mine.
    I always try to look at your posts even if I don't always comment - I think yours may even be one of the longest standing blogs that I follow.
    Meanwhile, I hope next year brings us better times and plenty of words (and pictures) to inspire and entertain.
    Best wishes
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mark! I do hope this next year will be less stressful, for all of us. I know it will be full of good things to celebrate, too, whatever the difficulties we face. So, Happy 2022!

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger