Thursday, December 02, 2021

Rainy day garden

When it rains too much, when the wind's too wet to face, when I'm just feeling lazy, then I wander around my house, taking photos of "stuff'. Like this little bowl of cactus.

Spiny forest

I don't know what species of cactus this is. I don't remember where I got it. But from a minute spiny knob, it has multiplied to fill this bowl, 9 cm. across, and is rapidly filling a second. It likes my sunny window. And in the winter, it sits under a table lamp, still growing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cuando llueve demasiado, cuando el viento lleva demasiada agua para mi gusto, o cuando nada más me siento sin ganas de hacer nada, perezosa, pues entonces doy vueltas por mi casa, sacando fotos de lo que sea. Como, por ejemplo, este tazoncito de cactus.

No sé de que especie es este cactus. No me acuerdo de donde me lo traje. Pero desde un simple botóncito con espinas, ha crecido hasta llenar esta copa, de 9 cm. de diámetro, y ahora tiene otro medio lleno tambien. Le gusta mi ventana asoleada. Y en el invierno, goza de un puesto bajo una lámpara de mesa, y sigue creciendo.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 am

    I'm sure you have already heard from someone else by now, but it is a Rattail Cactus (Disocactus flagelliformis). Not too often I have an answer that you don't. I love your blog, and have been following it for years. It is such a friendly and informative educational source, with poetic descriptions and very appealing photos. I can't begin to imagine how you get such colourful photos of the tidal zone; I live by the sea just a short distance south of you, and my photos of the shoreline rarely look anywhere near as colourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I take hundreds of photos. Most are duds.
      And I shoot in RAW; it makes for extra work and bigger files, but it handles colour better.

      Delete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger