Sunday, June 27, 2021

Blue is cool

Saturday was a hot day. And Sunday will be hotter, in the upper 30s. Even now, in the middle of the night, the temperature is 25º, the usual maximum for midday in August. (I know it's hotter in other places, but this is BC, in the temperate rainforest. None of us, people, trees, and critters, are built for the heat.)

Looking at water makes me feel a bit cooler.

Buttle Lake, with a cool breeze blowing.

Stay safe! Drink water! Add salt! Stay cool!

A Skywatch post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hace calor. Y vienen dias de más calor; nos amenazan con 39º. Ahorita, a medianoche, estamos a 25º, que es normalmente la temperatura máxima a mediodía en el mes de agosto.

Y ya sé que en otros lugares, hace más calor, pero estamos en el norte, en medio de bosques pluviales de zona templada. Ninguno de nosotros, ni la gente, ni los árboles, ni los animales, estamos hechos para el calor.

Se siente más fresco, mirando fotos de agua. Este es el Lago Buttle, con una brisa templada.

¡Cuídense! ¡No se olviden de beber más agua! ¡Y coman cosas saladas!


1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger