Saturday, June 12, 2021

Attitude

This little robin on the trail to Elk Falls made me laugh.

Making an entrance

He kept running a few steps towards me as I stood at the exit from the bridge over the ravine, stopping to look at me, then taking a few more steps, stopping, ...

Until he was right up close.

Well? Are you going to step aside and let me on the bridge?

And when I didn't clear the exit, he took a shortcut, flying off to the side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Este petirrojo me hizo reir. Lo encontré al llegar a la salida del puente que cruza la barranca en Elk Falls. El pajarito avanzaba por el sendero, corriendo un poco, deteniéndose para mirarme, corriendo, deteniéndose, ... Como si esperara que yo dejara de ocupar la entrada al puente.

Llegó a unos cuantos metros, y se paró, mirándome, reclamando su derecho de paso. Pero como yo no cedía la entrada (¿A dónde me iba a ir? No hay otro camino.) se cansó de esperar y cruzó la barranca volando.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger