Monday, February 08, 2021

A few rays

It was a good day for a drive, sunny and calm, and the highway west, all curvy and green, was inviting, with the sinking sun angling down through the trees, picking out a glowing mossy bank here, a snow-clad mountain peak there. At the bridge over the Buttle Lake Narrows, I stopped for a few minutes, turned and drove home, now in shadow most of the way.

Buttle Narrows; the link between Upper Campbell Lake and Buttle Lake. 4:59 PM.

Sunset was just before 5:30, but here in between mountain ridges, the sun hides well before then. When I drove on, just a few minutes later, only the very top of the ridge was lit.

Rocky ridge facing the Narrows. I do love big rocks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Era un muy buen dia para dar un paseo en coche. El sol brillaba, no había viento. Y la carretera rumbo al oeste, me llamaba: tan sinuosa, tan verde, con el sol ya bajando atrás de los árboles, enviando sus rayos por entre los troncos de los pinos, apuntando aquí un cerro acojinado con musgos resplandecentes, allá una cima nevada. Llegando al puente que cruza el estrecho del Lago Buttle, me detuve un ratito, luego di vuelta y regresé a casa, ahora casi toda la ruta en sombra.

El sol se pone en estos dias cerca de las cinco y media, pero aquí en el valle entre montañas, se esconde un buen rato más temprano. Saqué estas fotos un minuto antes de las cinco; pocos minutos más tarde, cuando regresé al coche, ya la luz apenas tocaba la mera cresta de las rocas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger