Saturday, February 06, 2021

Muddy buddies

 In a handful of moss:

The tiniest snail I've ever seen.

How does he keep so clean, sliding through all that mud?

With a young sowbug. And the snail hidden inside his shell.

The snail is about 1mm. across the shell. Or less.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
En un manojo de musgo y lodo, se encuentra el caracolito más pequeño que nunca he visto. En la segunda foto, le acompaña una cochinilla juvenil, midiendo algo menos que medio centímetro. El caracolito mide aproximadamente 1mm.

Me pregunto como es que se mantiene tan limpio, deslizándose sobre ese lodo.


1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger