Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Nose to the ground

 Two mosses, two lichens:

On top of a rock

The mosses are: the Juniper haircap moss (Polytrichum juniperinum), the little spiky "trees" with red stems and their sporophytes, tall, orange spore cases; and the Roadside rock moss, (Racomitrium canescens), with white hairy tips.

The tall(ish) (1 cm.) lichens are Cladonia sp., aka cup lichens. I don't know what that little brown lichen on the right is; I can tell it's a lichen by the apothecia, the dark dots on the tips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Con la cara en el suelo: dos musgos, dos líquenes.

Los musgos son el musgo birrete, el que parece un arbolito, y un musgo lanudo (Racomitrium canescens). Los líquenes son del género Cladonia; los grandes (aunque solo miden como 1 cm. de alto) son de los llamados "líquenes taza). No pude identificar el pequeño liquen a la derecha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger