Friday, July 24, 2020

Wild planter

Wherever there is a smidgen of soil for a root to hide in, there's a garden. It doesn't matter if the soil is damp or dry, on the flat, or halfway up a vertical cliff.

Woolly sunflower, self-heal, and grass. And tiny pale blue flowers, too small to identify. Cliff face, Buttle Lake.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dondequiera que haya una pizca de tierra donde pueda esconderse una raiz, habrá un jardín. No importa si la tierra sea seca o húmeda, en el llano, o a medias de un precipicio vertical.

Las plantas aquí, en un acantilado al lado de Buttle Lake, son el mirasol lanudo (Eriophyllum lanatum), consuelda menor (Prunella vulgaris ssp. lanceolata), pasto, y unas florecitas azules tan chiquititos que no se pueden identificar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger