Sunday, July 12, 2020

Tiger spots

This week the tiger lilies are blooming along the edges of the forest.

Wild tiger lily, Lilium columbianum

Dancing in the wind.

The bulbs are edible; First Nations people used to harvest them for their peppery flavour. But these days, with so many challenges, who would want to stop them blooming next year?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Al borde del bosque, donde alcanza el sol, los lirios (lirios de tigre, los llamamos aquí) están en flor esta semana. Son nativos de esta región, y los indígenas comían los bulbos, que tienen un sabor picante. Pero ahora que todo está amenazado por la supuesta civilización, hay que protegerlos para que salgan el año que entra.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger