Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Better than toilet paper

Earlier today, I posted a link on my Facebook page; "Why your immune system needs a forest".

A quote from Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies included in the short article caught my attention: "Even though we have reduced most of the forests of the world to charcoal, toilet paper, building material and dust, the remaining forests still offer us an incredible immune boost."

Charcoal, toilet paper, building material and dust. I'm glad that I live where there is still live forest a few minutes from home.

I don't know about my immune system, but the forest makes me feel good all over.

These three photos are from the hillside partway up Mount Menzies.

Huckleberry bush, ferns, and mossy trunk.

Steep slope. The understory is mostly salal, Oregon grape, ferns, and huckleberry bushes.

Burnt-out stump on the hillside above me. With more huckleberries on top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esta tarde subí un link a mi página Facebook: "Porque tu sistema inmunológico necesita un bosque".

Allí hallé esto, de parte de La escuela Yale: "Aunque hayamos reducido la mayoría de los bosques del mundo a carbón, papel de baño, material de construcción, y polvo, los bosques que nos quedan nos ofrecen un estímulo inmunnológico increible."

Carbón, papel de baño, material de construcción, y polvo. Estoy feliz por vivir donde todavía encuentro bosques vivos a pocos minutos de mi casa.

No sé lo que le hacen a mi sistema inmunológico, pero estar en el bosque me hace sentir muy bien.

Estas tres fotos las saqué en la ladera del Monte Menzies. Las plantas del sotobosque son en su mayor parte huckleberry (arándanos rojos), mahonia, y salal; todos producen bayas que son favoritas de osos y pájaros.


1 comment:

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger