Friday, January 03, 2020

Mallards on the estuary

In the light of today's news: fire, floods, war, assassinations, wilful blindness: I almost feel guilty for living where the skies are blue and gentle, where the ducks chatter among the wet grasses and bathe in the blue.

Wish I could pass on some of this peace.

Viewing platform and blind, Campbell River estuary, high tide, three wigeons.

As I passed the couple with their toddler a few minutes later, the kid was calling out, "Duck! Duck! Duck!"

Mallards. These long grasses are never dry except in mid-summer.

I'm not sure what's underneath the grass; rocks, or more probably, small tree stumps. The little strip of land is not accessible except with hip waders, even at low tide. And except in mid-summer, the mallards sleep and rest here.

Mallards and wigeon.

Walking on water.

Itchy, itchy!

Another Skywatch post.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and peaceful place. Walk on water, talk about the decisive moment. For me it first looked like it was on ice and was stretching its wings.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger