Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Volunteer planter

An ancient piling at Oyster Bay, unused now for many decades, enjoys a second useful life as a tall planter.

Young alder growing high above the bay.

A kingfisher uses this piling as a perch from which he can watch for small fish. It's at the end of the sea wall, and the only approaches are in plain sight from a good distance away. I tried once to sneak up on him, doing my old tree impersonation after every couple of steps. When I was halfway to camera range, he up and left.

I'll try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger