Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Busy redheads

Among the early meadow flowers at Oyster Bay Shoreline Park.

Three ants, black-bodied, carrotty red-headed.

These plants were under a hand's breadth high. I was sitting and leaning low to the ground to look at the flowers, and was distracted by these moving orange spots.

The leaves are hare's-foot clover, Trifolium arvense, which will be in bloom in the meadow by the middle of the month.

They never stop running.

Two, comparing notes.

The flowers, in bloom, June 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger