Friday, February 15, 2019

Underfoot

A few mushrooms in the grass (this was before the snow started, last week. Now everything is buried.)

Mushrooms and assorted wild plants getting an early start on spring.

Every winter, I look at these 9-leaved baby plants and decide to look in the summer to see what they turned into. And every summer, I forget. This year, I promise!

Other plants here are silverweed (Potentilla anserina), clover, gumweed (Grindelia integrifolia, common here, but only one or two leaves visible so far), and, I think creeping Charlie. And grass, of course.

Here, there's a bit of dead nettle (Lamium sp.)

The same species of mushroom, but a bit older, showing their stripes. More 9-leaved something or other.

It rained a bit on top of our snow, and it's supposed to snow again tomorrow, then rain tomorrow night. It's pretty, but the roads are iffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger