Thursday, November 22, 2018

Troubled water

It had been raining earlier, but now all that was left was a heavy cloud cover, shot with filtered sunbeams. I went down to the shore to see if I could get a photo of the dying light.

There was no wind, but the waves were high. They pounded the shore, rolling stones and logs.

A ways out, a flock of wigeons were resting, rising and falling with the waves. They were too far away to see clearly, except as a sprinkling of black dots.

I walked for an hour on the beach, listening to the roar and rumble of the stones, splashed with spray when a big wave came too close to my narrow path. As I returned to the car, I noticed a small flock of wigeons that had ventured closer to shore, close enough to be caught by the breaking waves.

They like sheltered water. They're asking for trouble here.

Wave coming.

Uh - oh!

Walking on water?

Wigeons in a blender

Flee!

"And we're outta here!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger