Thursday, January 18, 2018

Speckles

I was planning to take the camera and spend the day on the shore. Then it poured and blew and howled and stormed and poured some more. An old moon snail shell on the sand in the aquarium had to substitute.

"The weather's perfect in here!"

"Speckles" is a green shore crab, grown up in the tank, a bit lonely, since she's the only crab left. I had to take her companions back to the beach when they got too big and started to fight with the hermits. Speckles, here, prefers to hide in dark corners. I think the hermits trained her when she was much smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger