Thursday, September 04, 2014

Supporting cast

I'm busy chasing amorous snails and spinny young 'uns. Meanwhile, here are a few more co-operative tank residents:

The only crab in the aquarium at the moment. She doesn't seem to mind.

Val, the big burrowing anemone. The other anemones, the little haliplanella lineatas, clone themselves constantly; she doesn't. She's a loner.

A few tiny acorn barnacles. The snails have eaten all their larger relatives.


  1. What an interesting aquarium this must be! Love your photos, Susannah.

  2. Thanks, Bev! And thanks for the links.

    I loved your story of the hermits in the mail; that was quite a trip for them!

  3. Love the wispy barnacle bits.

  4. I love reading about your aquarium!!!

  5. Crabs are most philosophical about solitude. Lobsters are gregarious.


If your comment is on a post older than a week, it will be held for moderation. Sorry about that, but spammers seem to love old posts!

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!