Wednesday, June 05, 2013

The trouble with lupins

They're show-offs.

They parade over hills and fields, dwarfing the buttercups and out-shining the wild roses, waving their flocks of rainbow-coloured petals, shaming the butterflies and meadowhawks. You always have to take just one more photo. And then another stalk yells out, "But look at me!"

Colours range from white, through pale creams and lilacs, to wine-purple and royal blue.

Magenta and lilac

Pale blue to rosa mexicana

Deep purple

Baby blanket pink

Delicious colours! The bees think so, too.

Feeding on most flowers, the bees' bags of pollen are yellow or orange. I noticed that these bees' bags are deeper colours; dark orange, red or even deep pink.

Nom, nom, nom!

Dangling skinny legs!
Next: Bear Creek Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger