Tuesday, November 13, 2012

With the head of a dragon

Learn something new every day; they tell you it will keep you young. I don't know about that, but at least it keeps me interested.

I've been learning how to swap backgrounds on my photos. I keep forgetting the commands, so I worked far too long on it last night to do a blog post afterwards. Here's what held me up:

An antique jade turtle with a dragon's head, a Chinese symbol of longevity. It's a tea or sake pot that holds about a shot glass of liquid; the smaller turtle is the lid. I photographed it on a white sheet, for easy selection, then pasted a design from a card over the sheet, taking on the contours of the fabric.

This is fun! Not exactly appopriate for insect and bird photos, unless I mention at the time that the background has been changed, but it may be helpful when the insect in question prefers the wood of my desk to the leaf I have so carefully provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger