Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birding from my desk

While the sun still shone, a pair of robins brought their youngsters to see the worm hunting grounds.

Waiting to be fed. They don't know how to find their own yet.

"Mommy? Where are you? I'm hungry!"

I love looking up from the computer to see my garden, the lawn, and this time of year, a constant parade of youngsters; caterpillars, squirrels, chickadees (5 this spring), white crowned sparrows, the robins, and some evenings even raccoons. And once a mamma mallard led her brood down the walk and out to the street, probably heading for the puddles in the vacant lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger