Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tree lace, with birds.

The low-lying Delta fields are full of black birds these days, rising in swarms from one patch of dead grasses, drifting in the wind to another, and settling to become temporarily invisible among the weeds. Or maybe, perched in trees or on the blackberry canes, waiting. For what, I wonder?

Crow tree. The rest of the flock is below, pecking at the space between the railroad tracks.

Red-wing blackbird tree.

Red-wing blackbird females, listening to the guys proclaiming the merits of their nesting sites.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely have fallen in love with the redwing blackbird song. They are coming back into our area just in the past couple of years, and I could listen to them all day long.

    P.S. your heart was featured on Guest Heart Thursday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that "Pumpkin Eater" song!

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger