Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Not-quite-weekly five

... or seven. Links, that is.

I've been babysitting, antiquing, plowing the car through rivers (where they shouldn't be; it's been raining hard and long), fighting off a flu, and now I'm falling asleep almost as soon as I sit down. So we'll see how far I get with this before my head hits the keyboard. Again.

Detail of dying maple leaf

This week, I bookmarked these (in no particular order):


  • A bit of sad reporting. The Amazon rainforest burns. Once again, they say. Laurie says, "Still." From the Guardian.
  • Via YouTube, some excellent educational videos by cdk007. The first one I found was on the "watch in a bag" analogy, but there are 28 more, all worthwhile, judging by those I have already watched.
  • And in the "People do the darndest things!" department, and just in time for Hallowe'en, The Coke Machine disguise! From Amygdala.


And there we are; I'm still awake! 'night, all.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos.

    Thanks for posting them

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Coke machine thing was too much - I have several friends from Japan and waiting to hear their comments:)Somehow, I can't see them feeling it's effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a nice article

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger