Monday, January 15, 2007

Topsy-turvy-wobbly world


On an urban "pond" or "lagoon", which is what the sales personnel would call a rectangular, knee-deep body of water surrounded by high-rises, a substitute for the close-cropped lawn decorated with "Keep Off The Grass" signs (here replaced by "Do Not Feed The Ducks"), the good old laws of physics make a mockery of the architects' vision: see these photos for evidence.


This is New Westminster Quay, in the last few days of December. Laurie climbed atop a pillar above the bridge to get the first photo, with a view of the sky above the building, mingled with the detritus at the bottom of the pond. (Flying detritus? And is that a pizza box?)



I flipped the last one over, just for the fun of it, but Laurie said it made him seasick, so I'm being kind and posting the photo as the camera saw it. It's up to you; your risk: rotate it 180 degrees, if you dare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger