Saturday, February 25, 2012

More colours of spring - Purple

Beach Grove is a delight at this time of year.

Crocuses pop up everywhere, providing spring vitamins for slugs and ants. 

Dead leaves, fresh crocuses

A miniature iris with purple and white tips.

Purple pansies

Deep, rich colours in full sun.

Royal purple

Humble periwinkles at the base of a wall. With bonus brown spider.

A grove snail basks in the sun on the purple wall.

Here in North Delta, we're about two weeks behind Beach Grove. But one of my hellebores is blooming already; spring's a-coming!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have crocuses! Waagghhhh!!! We're flirting with mud season. Got a dusting of snow. Sugaring might be off to an early start, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least we finally have something to crow about. It's been a sad winter, while other parts of the continent got sunshine. Our traditional winter gloating had to be cancelled.

    Sugaring! I remember walking through the woods in the snow, in Ontario, seeing those long plastic tubes going from tree to tree.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger