Friday, December 04, 2009

High tide sampler

I've been working late tonight, and I'm so sleepy I can't type straight. But before I head off to bed, I can maybe post a few of the small critters we saw on Crescent Beach the other day:



Periwinkle with a red band



Bryozoan colony on red seaweed



A tiny piece of "coral".



Pacific plate limpet, possibly



Melibe leonina, the hooded nudibranch.

We found four of these tangled in washed-up eelgrass on Boundary Bay Beach. One was dead; the other three died later that night. This one was still moving gently, but had lost several of its cerata.

And now, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger