Thursday, January 31, 2008

Can you identify these trees?

Laurie is a WWII veteran, British army, stationed mostly in S.E. Asia. With this snowy weather, we've been staying inside, puttering around, and he's been cleaning out old files; he found a stack of currency he had brought home as souvenirs.

These ones had interesting artwork. Can you name these fruits?






Or this tree?


Front of the one rupee note:


These date from around 1940 to 1947, when Laurie came home. More, with a bit of history, tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! What keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At something of a guess, the tree in the one rupee note looks rather like a banyan. I'm inferring that from the aerial roots you can see heading downwards.

    I can't help you with the fruit, though.

    ReplyDelete

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger