Monday, February 19, 2024

Off to an early start

 I promised lichens for today, but then I saw this:

First skunk cabbage of the year.

I scrolled back through several years; the first skunk cabbages I found each year showed up from the end of March through mid-April. This one is a whole month early.

Lichens tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Les prometí líquenes para hoy. Pero ayer vi esto; una linterna de pantano, Lysichiton americanus, una de dos en una zanja. Muy temprano, me pareció, y busqué en años anteriores; las linternas brotaron siempre entre finales de marzo hasta mediados de abril. Estos llegaron un mes entero antes de su tiempo acostumbrado.

Y dejo los líquenes para mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger