Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Mallards. Water. Wigeon.

The weather program on my computer has a new (to me, anyhow) background graphic; raindrops falling and splashing on water. Looks like the view out my window. Humidity, 97%, the program says at the moment. Sounds about right. For the rest of the week, more of the same, too warm for snow. A wet Solstice, a grey and wet Christmas.

Good weather for ducks, we always say.

Here are a few mallards, caught between rains.

Male and female. Not raining.

In a hurry. Look at those churning feet!

Mallards and a wigeon. 

A lone male with a knowing eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
El pronóstico meteorológico de mi computadora está estrenando un nuevo gráfico de fondo; gotas de lluvia que caen en el agua y rebotan. Parecido a lo que veo por mi ventana. La humedad, dice el programa ahora, es de 97%. Lo creo. Y por lo que queda de la semana, nos prometen más de lo mismo; hace demasiado calor para que caiga nieve. Tendremos un solsticio de invierno empapado, una Navidad gris y húmeda.

Por aquí repetimos el refrán —Buena clima para los patos.

Hablando de patos, aquí hay unos ánades reales, en un momento cuando no llovía.
  1. Macho y hembra.
  2. Una hembra nadando a prisa. ¡Mira como giran esas patas!
  3. Unos machos, con una mareca americana.
  4. Un macho a solas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm having to moderate all comments because Blogger seems to have a problem notifying me. Sorry about that. I will review them several times daily, though, until this issue is fixed.

Also, I have word verification on, because I found out that not only do I get spam without it, but it gets passed on to anyone commenting in that thread. Not cool!

Powered By Blogger